We’re Thankful It’s Almost Thanksgiving! Turkey Recipe
Ready for the perfect turkey? We know your family is! Make this Thanksgiving one to remember with a Certified Grade A, Heirloom Turkey! Not all turkey meat is prepared and raised the same. With a trusted certification, you’ll be know that the turkey is true quality without having to research what to look for. Keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it certified! At Market Meats, we carry only the highest quality turkeys, so you’ll love it every time and with every bite!
Order from us today to get the very best at a price you’ll be thankful for!
Once you’ve purchased your prime poultry, try this delicious recipe to achieve the perfect oven roasted, golden-glazed bird! Getting hungry? We know we are!
- 1 certified Grade A turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ORANGE GIBLET GRAVY:
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Place turkey on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Add water, giblets and neck to pan. Combine 1-1/4 cups broth, 3/4 cup orange juice and 2 tablespoons soy sauce; pour over turkey. Combine bouillon, onion and garlic powder; sprinkle over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with foil. Remove giblets and neck when tender; set aside for gravy. Combine remaining broth, orange juice and soy sauce. Remove foil from turkey; pour broth mixture over turkey. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- For gravy, remove meat from neck and discard the bones. Chop giblets and neck meat; set aside. In a saucepan, combine 2 cups pan juices, broth, orange juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Stir in thyme, sugar and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisk into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved giblets and neck meat. Carve turkey; serve with gravy. Yield: 8 servings.
Find the original recipe source here!