Olive Lamb Burger with Mint Gremolata
Great for the grill, and always a crowd pleaser, this Gena Knox recipe is absolutely sensational! From her “Gourmet Made Simple” cookbook (available at Market Meats), these lamb burgers are savoury and minty, with the fantastic mint gremolata to accompany the fresh, lean, and local, leg of lamb patties. Substitute the gremolata for a fine mint sauce if you're feeling like keeping it simple. Don't forget to add the olives for that extra mediterranean twist!
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lb Lean Local Ground Leg of Lamb
- 1/3 cup chopped and pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, grated zest and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare grill or grill pan to medium-hot.
- To make the sauce, combine mint, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Then in a large bowl, combine lamb, olives, and oregano; season with a generous amount of black pepper and a touch of salt.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal patties, about ½ inch thick.
- Lastly, cook the burgers until seared on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and continue cooking, about 4 minutes for medium, or until desired doneness. Serve with gremolata sauce.
Market Meats https://www.marketmeats.com/