French Lamb Shoulder Roast with Honey
Write a review
- 1 Lamb Shoulder Roast
- 2 tbsp Honey Mustard (Pommery Honey Mustard or Honey Cup)
- 2 tbsp duck fat
- 1 tsp curry
- coarse sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the sauce with the honey mustard, the curry, the salt and the pepper in a bowl. Stir well to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Brush the shoulder of lamb all over with the sauce.
- Lay it in an oven-proof recipient with salt, pepper and the duck fat.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the juice appears slightly pinkish when you spike the meat with a knife. Turn the meat regularly (every 15 minutes), basting the upper part each time.
- Remove from oven, and serve!
- This delicious lamb shoulder roast is bound to be a hit-–straight form France, this fantastic recipe is tried and proven. Serve with spinach or French beans for the complete European experience! Picking a good honey mustard to glaze the roast with is important, and we'd be happy to help you select the perfect one! Moutard de Meaux's Pommery Honey Mustard is the perfect one to use for a savoury finish, as is the traditional and perennial favourite Honey Cup mustard for something a little sweeter.
Market Meats https://www.marketmeats.com/